It’s that time of year again – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! And for those of us who are Nordstrom cardholders (Credit OR Debit – I have the debit because it is just linked right to my debit card) get EARLY access to the sale items – and we all know how fast these can go! Not a Nordstrom Cardholder? Don’t worry, the sale opens up to everyone on July 20th! I snagged this jacket this weekend as a part of Early Access because last year it sold out every time I wanted to order it!
I took the time to sort through some of their sale items and have rounded up the best of the best for you. You can shop through the categories below!
I’ve always been a big fan of mixing in vintage items with new items or high-end items with super affordable pieces. I feel like this outfit is the epitome of all of that. For instance, my bag is vintage Chanel circa 1980- something or other and my romper is under $20! I love collecting items that I know will fit into my wardrobe for a long time to come and then I can purchase fun seasonal items and sprinkle them in!
I feel like this Love Tatum wrap necklace is one of those pieces I would be able to wear for seasons to come! PS – You guys can now get 20% off of everything at lovetatum.com with code ‘blameitonbarneys20‘
My sandals are from the Zara sale a year or two ago but I linked a similar pair for you below!
This might sound really bad but the attire that generally goes along with certain holidays has always drove me a bit crazy. I feel horrible saying that but it’s just the truth. St. Patty’s Day, New Years Eve, Fourth of July, etc. Don’t get me wrong – I often like to participate in these holidays and celebrate in my own way I am just not a fan of going all out, dressing in green from head to toe and getting wasted. Ya know? This year for Independence Day I thought I would share a few tips on how to dress festive but not go over board and be a walking American Flag – you know, if you aren’t into that sort of thing.
1. A darling little white dress – This is one of my favorite Fourth of July looks. I mean, first of all – who doesn’t like a darling little white dress in the middle of summer? Dress it up with a straw tote, chic sandals and you’re off. This one doesn’t necessarily tie in the red or blue but it is a more subtle way to dress for the occasion. If you want to add a little more pop you can add this adorable red dangly earrings to the ensemble. Also, keep in mind you can do any other variation of this outfit – for example you could do a navy dress with white sandals and a white bag.
2. Cut-off shorts and a red or a blue one piece – This is your Baywatch moment. Ha, okay maybe not Baywatch but of course that is the first thing I think of when I imagine a red one piece. I like this outfit for someone who is going to the beach or a pool party for the Fourth of July. You might style it with cool gladiator sandals or slides in black or gold and of course some cute oversized sunnies.
3. Denim bottoms, white top, and a red bag – This is similar to what I am wearing in these photos. Only you could switch it up and go for shorts, or skinny jeans with a white flowy top and a cute little red cross body bag. Of course, this tote is pretty much perfect if you are going to the beach or anywhere you want to take a ton of stuff.
4. Red lipstick – This is a no-fail way to incorporate a little pop of red into your holiday look. If you aren’t big on wearing red clothing like me (for some reason I just don’t know if it compliments my skin tone) but love a pop of red you could do it with your lipcolor! I love this liquid lip for long staying power.
5. Red Accessories – Okay like the red lipstick this one is similar to adding a pop of red to your white or blue ensemble without actually wearing red. For example, you could do red sandals or a red bag with any look. Try adding a red bag to white ripped jeans and a chambray top and you are instantly festive.
What do you guys think, do you have a go-to look for holidays? Please share!
There is just something about a breezy jumpsuit that makes me so happy. Besides the fact I feel like I am wearing pajamas, this type of silhouette can work with so many different body types. Tall girls can even get away with wearing super cute flat slides with this jumpsuit and still look chic as ever. I opted for a little boost in the heel department with these wedges from Vionic. You can check out all their super comfy sandals for summer here – I am specifically dying for these…SO cute! I don’t think I have ever worn a more comfortable wedge you guys. Wedges are typically more comfortable than heels but when I put this on my foot I had an OMG moment. It felt like an actual little cushion built for my foot – no joke! So it’s safe to say this might be my comfiest outfit of the summer – and you all know I am all about that. Comfy AND chic…count me in!
I know I mentioned I wanted to start sharing more beauty topics with you guys on the blog and one thing I have been wanting to share for awhile are my anti-wrinkle tips. This post IS NOT sponsored by anyone – just good old tips, tricks, and products I have found to work for me!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been out shopping for clothing and just wished I could customize the piece a little here or a little there. I hate when I find the PERFECT item and then it is just a smidge too short in the front, the sleeves are too long, or the color isn’t what I’m looking for. Anyone else feel me on this?
I was recently invited to try out Sumissura which is a site that allows you to personalize and customize items for your closet. I went for the blazer this time and I am obsessed with everything from the fit to the fabric on it. I chose a white linen because who doesn’t love a white linen blazer for summer, right? They allow you to add customization on everything from the fabric and fit to monogramming and everything in between – down to the buttons and thread (seriously, you can customize the thread on the button holes)! A lot of times when I hear of sites like these I feel like they are either very gimmicky and the quality is just not there OR they have an astronomical price point. I was seriously impressed by the quality on my blazer and am looking forward to ordering a skirt to wear to the office this summer – might even do a matching one in white linen, what do you think?
If you work in an office during the week like me or are just a girl boss on the go you definitely have to try them out. During the checkout process they are going to have you add your height, weight, and body type and then they will provide you with what the measurements are going to be– definitely pay attention to this section if you want your item to be made for your body specifically. My measurements were on point but sometimes you might want to add another inch to the sleeve or the length of your garment.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect bf blazer or want to customize an uber cute skirt check the out here: Sumissura
This post was done in collaboration with Sumissura but as ALWAYS my thoughts & opinions are my own. I do not promote products or brands that I do not believe in or that I would not purchase on my own.